I was surfing (the net, not a wave) the other day and came across this article about things to do this year. Instead of resolutions that you know you won’t keep, make a list of things you want to accomplish. Things that will help to make you a more rounded person. ( not in the I’m 4 feet tall and 300lb sense)
I copied the list and read it over. I liked a lot of the suggestions on said list but I felt for it to be things I want, it had to be tweaked – Shna Style. I deleted some items entirely, changed a few to suit me and then filled in the rest. This list is not in any type of order, everything is equally important.
I present my list of 30 things I want to do this year. Part One of Three.
1. Paint a portrait of my son, husband, self or all three.
2. Go on a drive in an area near me that I don’t know well. Explore. Throw the map out the window.
3. Take a guided tour of the town where I live.
4. Finish all my scrapbook projects.
5. Make an emergency kit for the car. Include all the essentials: flares, bandages, chocolate.
6. Send Valentine’s cards to all my friends.
7. Make a scrapbook of a memorable occasion — a friend’s wedding, surprise birthday party or just an evening out.
8. Tell a stranger to have a nice day.
9. Make more of my own cards for birthdays, holidays, etc.
10. Re-read my favorite childhood book. (Bonus points for reading it aloud to The Boy.)